Please note that we are not accepting book donations until November. We are at max capacity (hooray!) for our next book sale.
The Irvington Public Library appreciates donations of used books and audio-visual materials. Books which fulfill the requirements of the library’s acquisitions policy may be added to its holdings. Those not accepted for the collection may be sold, with the proceeds going directly to the library. Materials which are not sold may be donated to other non-profit organizations.
Before bringing any books to the library, please read the following guidelines carefully. If you have any questions, send an email to the Friends at firstname.lastname@example.org (please do not phone the library — thanks!)
We welcome all the following:
- Hardcover fiction and nonfiction
- Trade paperbacks
- Mass-market paperbacks (“pocketbook” format)
- Reference books
- Specialized periodicals
- Children’s Books – all formats, including board books
- DVDs, Audio Books, Music CDs, LP
Please… be thoughtful and DO NOT bring us
- Water damaged, mildewed, or soiled books
- Books with missing covers or broken spines
- Out-of-date computer books and instruction manuals
You may bring your donation to the front desk of the library any time the library is open. Books must not be left outside the library, in the vestibule, or in the book drop.
Space and manpower at the library is limited, so if you wish to donate more than two cartons of books, please contact us beforehand so we can arrange to receive them.